Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 batteries?
Galsmate

2 batteries?

Hi,

I recently took my Evoque to a Landrover service centre as I am having issues with my rear tailgate. At intermittent times it wont auto open using any of the 3 opening options (internal, key or external buttons).
It did have a message come up on the radio screen when the car was on acc (not running) that there was a low battery and the system would switch off after a minute or something and about 6 months ago I had some warning message about stability control?? come up on the dash whilst driving along the highway.

So I am thinking the battery has something to do with it... however... here is my question...

I was told by the service place that I would require 2 x replacement batteries, one about $900 worth and the other about $500. What's worse is that it is just 3 months out of warranty (only 40,000ks on the clock). And was told that the batteries need replacing before doing the recall work on the transmission which I wasn't aware of.

Forgive my ignorance.. but I had no idea the Evoque had 2 batteries?

Can someone confirm/explain this? I don't want to be taken for a ride.

Cheers
Galsmate

2014 RR Evoque TD4
9 spd auto
26-06-2017 04:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: 2 batteries?

Galsmate,

I am sure there is only one battery. I had to replace the battery in mine last year. If you look in the engine bay the battery is under a cover on the passenger side (Australian Model) near the windscreen. Have a look.

I would ask for more information from the dealer, as the battery is a standard type car battery. I remember mine was expensive (not like $900 or $500 mind you) because of the extra power to crank the diesel.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
26-06-2017 06:29am
benzina

As above mentioned....but i believe there is a second smaller battery tucked up inside the passenger side dashboard. This is known to power the auto shifter knob to rise and fall. It may also have other duties like the tailgate, but i don't know about that one.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 10:38am by benzina.)
26-06-2017 10:37am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On cars with stop/start the 2nd battery is for the stop start system and is not charged by the "normal" battery. As you have a 9 speed auto it will be the battery for the Stop/Start and there is no way that they cost that much even from a rip-off UK dealer and shipping it out to LR Australia and trucking it to Darwin!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 06:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-06-2017 05:59pm