Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedbacks from Element interior's owners
Irad

RE: Feedbacks from Element interior's owners

(17-04-2012 01:22pm)LDT Wrote:  A couple of odd marks from my 14 year old nieces and 13 year old nephew, but nothing that cannot be removed with a quick wipe. Eating and drinking in the car is strongly discouraged, but if they do, they are very careful!! They have been trained over the years!

I also have two small dogs (Chihuahuas) and no problems with them, although they do have car seats!

Good luck with your decision. All colourways look good, so I am sure you will be happy with whatever you choose.

That is encouraging! Smile I know the car will get used and that's normal.

Now, on a day-to-day basis, I really take care of my cars and do the maximum to regularly clean them and remove all the marks that happen. Food is also forbidden. I mean, there is nothing wrong in having dry food and drinks but we avoid saucy stuff like fast food etc... But this is more regular habit than "car-safety" behavior lol

The only fear that I have is a "too-quick" usage of the seats.

But reading at your comments, I am more confident about the Element interior and that, even though it will require a more regular cleaning and attention, it is totally possible to preserve it Smile

Thank you very much for sharing this with me!

The waiting-time is so long (3 months) that it makes you think and re-think every decision...
(17-04-2012 01:24pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Have no fear of the light leather, I wear blue jeans all the time and often wear a waxed jacket and have no problem whatsoever with the Element interior. I haven't yet even found the need to wipe the upholstery, let alone clean it. I've had similar coloured leather for 30 years in various cars and also never had a problem, same with the doors. If you are reasonably careful with it (for example, not sitting on a mucky bench, then getting straight into the car without dusting yourself off, and pulling your foot in to avoid scuffing the door) you'll be fine. Also, if you have memory seats, I'd suggest using one of the seat settings at a fully low position for getting in and out, as the easy entry doesn't lower it very far (and it saves you rubbing across the seat so much).

(I have OG as well, and the combination is brilliant).

What more to ask for! Smile
If the seats do not mark that much (or even not at all), it is simply great!
Then, it will require a careful usage and making sure we pay attention to stuff like dusting ourselves etc... But that's the kind of attention that is required when we want to enjoy a light interior, isn't it?
Thanks for the advise of low-position for seats when getting in. It's true that marks often come from rubbing when getting in and out.
It looks like we have same combination of car (Ornkey Grey/Element). Do you have any pictures? I have seen some on the forum but don't remember if they are yours. Is your car 2-door or 5-door?

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 02:06pm by Irad.)
17-04-2012 01:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply