Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16MY Build Quality
AndyFrance

16MY Build Quality

I have an appointment at the dealership tomorrow. They’re taking my brand new 16MY into the workshop to repair (I hope) the ever growing long list of fault’s. I have listed 13 that I consider unacceptable, but there are many more minor fault’s. If I list everything, they won’t take me seriously.

Thought I’d give it a wash earlier, and surprise surprise, found some more bodywork fault’s, including two small dents at rear of roof that look like dips left from spot welding? Paint scuffing from badly fitted rear light cluster and panel joints that would make the lads at Dacia pee their pants laughing.

This Evoque is the most expensive car I have ever bought, and also the worst built……..It’s crap, a bloody disgrace. The Halewood assembly line should be ashamed of themselves………But they won’t be!

Anyone thinking of buying a brand spanking new Halewood car? I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy!

Was told by UK Customer Relations that the France office will be contacting me.........Still waiting.

I feel like I've been beaten up and mugged for 53 grand.........Oh, hang on, I have!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 08:55pm by AndyFrance.)
01-12-2015 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TWS

RE: 16MY Build Quality

Having been on the Halewood tour (albeit in 2013) they did seem to take quality very seriously, but then again we only saw the guys working dayshift.

We’re on our second Evoque, our first MY13 was just about perfect on the quality front (apart from 1 wheel centre cap being the wrong colour), however our current MY15 had to have 2 pieces of interior trim replaced that were picked up on handover. Given the success of the Evoque and some of the issues posted by MY16 owners I wonder if JLR's priority has shifted to put quantity before quality.

I’m sure JLR’s latest quality non-conformance and reject statistics for MY16 would make interesting reading.

RRE No2 - MY15 SD4 Auto Dynamic in Firenze with Accolade and some other bits!
02-12-2015 11:10am
under

16MY Build Quality

I've had both running sides spoilers put back on. Both from and back number plates replaced as the back one fell off. The leather seat drivers side replaced due to "wear" or what seemed like very bad wear. Roof spoiler not fitted properly etc etc and I could go on and this was a brand new factory car. Would never buy a Land Rover again. Going to go back to Mercedes. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]
17-12-2015 09:21pm
AndyFrance

Latest:

LR and dealership are still not responding to my emails. Talk about adding insult to injury!

I think LR do not reply because they want to leave it to the dealer. The dealer doesn't want to reply because they damaged my car and created another fault the last time they attempted a repair. Chuckle brothers spring to mind.......To me, to you.

Last evening I sent another email. Basically, either fix the fault's or I reject the car. If I don't receive a reply to this one, legal action for breach of contract. It has been pointed out to me that their failure to respond and to act under their warranty, and/or EU consumer law, will not work in LR's favour in a court of law. So, I'm reasonably confident, but I did not expect this P poor level of customer service from LR + I have all the hassle and costs of going to court.

Their silence speaks volumes.
29-12-2015 04:28pm
PhilSkill

Andy, You sure they are open Christmas? most places only opened this morning if at all, Tried using the phone? If I was ready to reject a car I would be driving back to the dealers and speaking to the dealer principal about it directly.

Whilst it doesn't condone them ignoring an e-mail, When faced with a real person to deal with, it makes a big difference to getting a favourable result.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-12-2015 04:42pm
AndyFrance

(29-12-2015 04:42pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Andy, You sure they are open Christmas? most places only opened this morning if at all, Tried using the phone? If I was ready to reject a car I would be driving back to the dealers and speaking to the dealer principal about it directly.

Whilst it doesn't condone them ignoring an e-mail, When faced with a real person to deal with, it makes a big difference to getting a favourable result.
I get you Phil, but all the way along from day 1 it's been email both ways. It's the way the dealer wanted it I believe.
They are open, don't even have Boxing day here.

LR France don't reply. LR UK say they can't get involved. Getting really pee'd off with it. Yesterday, I discovered I have a battery drain problem to add to the list as well.

I believe they are making them too fast with a low quality control threshold, just to keep up with the order book.

Phil, you have the manual box. Is yours notchy changing gear?. Mine is, and it's not because it's new.

Cheers
Andy
29-12-2015 05:08pm
PhilSkill

I can't say it's notchy, it's very "positive" e.g. quite definite in changes, with a bit more effort required 1-2 and 2-3rd than in the higher gears.

It's a good feeling box all round, but the higher gears feel the best.

I saw the post about your battery, but has it actually ever sounded like it wont start? Hadn't used mine for 3 weeks, and started on the button this morning just a longer delay for the glow plugs. Haven't ever tested my battery levels, but modern cars do funny things with the battery charge levels and the Battery Monitoring software.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-12-2015 05:39pm
AndyFrance

Very stiff gear change on delivery. I was happy with that, knowing that it would bed-in. It has done now, but it's notchy going up and down all the gears (worse 2 and 3). Not a big deal, maybe over time it will improve.

Re: Battery. Never thought it wouldn't start, but after that run yesterday and the battery losing half it's charge.......It's not good.........The battery is the least of my problem's at the moment. I removed the traffic light CTEK lead and I have wired a standard CTEK connector to the battery (the flashing light would prob kill the battery eventually), so I'm going to get in the habit of charging it once a week from now on. If it ever gets to the dealers for repairs I'll tell them about that too.

Thanks
Andy
29-12-2015 05:58pm
Gjh0702

Apologies- not sure of Law in your country - but can you not 'Reject' the car if its so bad? -

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
29-12-2015 07:22pm
AndyFrance

(29-12-2015 07:22pm)Gjh0702 Wrote:  Apologies- not sure of Law in your country - but can you not 'Reject' the car if its so bad? -

I know the Uk updated the consumer law a few months ago, which now means rejecting a vehicle is much easier. Here in France I don't think it's as easy to reject, although I'm pretty well covered by EU consumer law.

I told LR and the dealer yesterday by email, I'm rejecting, and asked for an appointment to deliver it to them for a full refund.......Expecting no reply to that email either. I fear the only winner of this situation will be a solicitor.

If i have to take action, I'll also be contacting local TV, radio, newspaper, motoring mag's.........Anyone that'll listen. I once read that a guy in the UK plastered his car with sign writing about the dealer and the car fault's, then parked it across the road from the dealership.........Perhaps, I'll try that Laughing
29-12-2015 07:39pm