Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered today a couple of questions!
Craig_d1

RE: Ordered today a couple of questions!

A must for me is the heated steering wheel. Trying to drive my A1 with sub zero temps outside in the morning when your hands freeze to the steering wheel really make you appreciate the luxury of a heated wheel. Got it in my D4, my brother in law laughed at me when I ordered it. He took one drive on a cold day, and just ordered in on his new D4. You won't be Dissapointed.
Agree about the spare wheel. I also like the pano roof, keyless entry and auto tailgate...to theorist that I ordered the lux pack as should give better residuals than a long list of add-ons
09-03-2012 11:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stiggy

Ok thanks
I am now convinced enough to drive the SI and knowing my preferences probably means I'll buy one, now for the justification to oneself and my business partner! I have never been great at maths so here's my question, assuming diesel is circa 7.5 pence per litre more than petrol and I will do appx 10k miles per annum mainly urban with say one monthly 300 mile run can anyone take a stab at the cost difference to run an si4 vs sd 4 based on real world figures?
Sorry for the lack of punctuation and my laziness !
11-03-2012 11:13pm
CSJ

I borrowed an SI4 for about a month in December, and have been driving an SD4 since January. There is no doubt that the petrol is a nice drive but it is very thirsty. The only downside for me with the Diesel is the tickover noise, but I find it quick enough and responsive. I only managed to get 20mpg on average out of the petrol and did 1400 miles, in the Diesel I have done 2175 miles and average 34 mpg. If money is no object and you like frequent stops at petrol stations go for the petrol it is more fun to drive, if you can live with the diesel on tickover then it's fine. Just my view of course and others will think differently.

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
12-03-2012 04:38am
stiggy

RE: Ordered today a couple of questions & SI4 MPG

(12-03-2012 04:38am)CSJ Wrote:  I borrowed an SI4 for about a month in December, and have been driving an SD4 since January. There is no doubt that the petrol is a nice drive but it is very thirsty. The only downside for me with the Diesel is the tickover noise, but I find it quick enough and responsive. I only managed to get 20mpg on average out of the petrol and did 1400 miles, in the Diesel I have done 2175 miles and average 34 mpg. If money is no object and you like frequent stops at petrol stations go for the petrol it is more fun to drive, if you can live with the diesel on tickover then it's fine. Just my view of course and others will think differently.

Thanks CSJ
Wow that is as bad as my S5 (average 20.9 MPG over last 6K miles), I am sure I have read on here an average difference of only 6Mpg between the two RRE's, methinks a little exaggeration/self justification going on there!

As regards the calculations I found this
http://www.torquecars.com/tools/annual-f...om-mpg.php
This shows almost £3600 difference over 3 years and 30K miles i.e £100 per month in petrol to diesel even taking into account the price per litre advantage of petrol!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:14am by stiggy.)
12-03-2012 11:05am
timslim

(09-03-2012 06:25pm)stiggy Wrote:  Hi All
Coming from an Audi S5 4.2 V8 need something more practical and comfortable, ordered a 3.0 TDV6 Touareg, drove the Evoque and cancelled it!
Ordered today an SD4 Auto, 5 door, Dynamic in Orkney Grey with Black Pano roof, style 7 shadow wheels, Privacy and Auto Dimming RVM.
Apologies if there are other threads covering this but two questions:
Are there any options that you have on your BabyRR that you couldn't live without that I haven't got?
Anyone drove the Si4 and SD4 back to back?
This will be the first diesel I have owned for almost 20 years and the first engine with less than 6 Cylinders, just a bit worried that the SD4 will be slow and noisy! Coming from a 4.2 V8 MPG is not my biggest concern as I only do sub 10K miles per annum mostly town driving with weekend towing (Jetski) in the summer and some longer business trips any thoughts?

Hi Stiggy - I am chopping in an S4 (3ltr supercharged version) for an Si4. For me it had to be the Si4. I drove both and the diesel performed well, but just felt the Si4 had the edge in terms of performance and handling. I would hope to get similar mpg from the Evoque as I do currently for the Audi, If I do I wont be dissapointed. Bottom line is I love my S4, but also due for a change, a petrol evoque will still give me a little of the performance I have now...

I am more interested in the real life range you can get out of a tank in an Si4, so if anyone knows the answer to that let me know!

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
12-03-2012 02:51pm
stiggy

(12-03-2012 02:51pm)timslim Wrote:  Hi Stiggy - I am chopping in an S4 (3ltr supercharged version) for an Si4. For me it had to be the Si4. I drove both and the diesel performed well, but just felt the Si4 had the edge in terms of performance and handling. I would hope to get similar mpg from the Evoque as I do currently for the Audi, If I do I wont be dissapointed. Bottom line is I love my S4, but also due for a change, a petrol evoque will still give me a little of the performance I have now...

I am more interested in the real life range you can get out of a tank in an Si4, so if anyone knows the answer to that let me know!

+1
Any ideas on real world MPG from the Si4?
13-03-2012 02:45pm
Firenze

(13-03-2012 02:45pm)stiggy Wrote:  +1
Any ideas on real world MPG from the Si4?

Ive done 230 miles now in my si4 and the computer says 26 mpg average, thats doing 20 mile jouneys on b roads and the odd duel carriageway blast

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
13-03-2012 08:23pm