Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 week in, early thoughts.
Evo-king

1 week in, early thoughts.

Much has already been posted, regarding initial ownerships thoughts, hopefully, I'll try to avoid repetition.

Style: Stunning looks, compliments a plenty and a head turner wherever we go, even 8 months after launch.

Interior: touching wood, I have not experienced any of the squeaking niggles others have had. Very happy with the touchscreen functionality, Radio easy to use, terrific sound, phone pairing and operation was a doddle and works well, ipod connection simple, sound quality again is good. Navigation menu and controls work well enough for me, setting routes is simple to operate, route guidance effective, only wished I had paid attention to the message warning problems on my journey and did I wish to re route, should have said yes. All in all quite easy to operate, some cars I've had, I've just given up on it as they appear too complex, not this one. Fit and finish good. Overhead cabin touch lights are easily switched on by accident though.

The Dynamic seats comfortable enough, no problems with adjustment, plenty of options here.

Driving. When starting up and selecting reverse, camera comes on quickly enough, however, the EPB doesn't always release and have had to use the button release. I've reset the dipping mirrors when reversing to stay up, pointing at the floor doesn't help as much as keeping them raised. If I was parallel parking then I'd dip the mirrors. Cabin noise, I've noticed a noise which sounds as if a window is open or a door not closed properly, which it is not, it could either be be coming from the pan roof or mirrors, but I can't work it out. Other than that it is well sound proofed. My wife is struggling with the size of the wing mirrors at junctions and roundabouts, It is not an issue with me though. Manual gearbox, 1st to 2nd is not brilliant, which reminded me of my Lexus 220d, (just read Mark N's comments that it has a Toyota gearbox) could be a similar issue. Auto wipers do what they are supposed to do, did some very wet motorway running earlier in the week. I'm getting more and more used to the raised driving position and loving it.

Ride comfort is quite good, plenty of potholes around these parts, it takes all of these in it's stride, yes you do notice that at times the ride is firm with the 20"s wheels but not to the point of being uncomfortable.

MPG. Too early to really comment, but hitting 40 mpg, most of that driving had been motorway, dual carriage way and some A roads. Refuelled yesterday, quite a bit of town driving and the reset trip shows 31.5mpg, so maybe it won't be too bad. I'm quite gentle on the throttle, in and around town, whereas my wife accelerates and brakes, so maybe she'll bring down these figures.

Finally, I'm not regretting going for this car, and really pleased we pushed our budget and got the Dynamic. I appreciate not everyone can go to this expense and I'm pretty sure the other models are just as satisfying.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-05-2012 06:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

RE: 1 week in, early thoughts.

Excellent first impressions all helps those of us that are waiting know what to expect Smile

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
06-05-2012 07:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

LR would be proud of your fuel consumption!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-05-2012 07:46pm
SebM

Great !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
07-05-2012 07:40am