Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 Month in and I have located rattle.
ojonesyo

RE: 1 Month in and I have located rattle.

(07-07-2012 10:12pm)PigLauncher Wrote:  Well after a month of ownership I am still supremely impressed with the car and all the attention it gets. The only slight downside was an intermittent rattle that the wife had not noticed but was getting on my nerves. When driving you would swear it was coming from the passenger side door area. When a passenger as I was tonight it was clearly coming from somewhere in the center of the car. I traced it to what I assume is a sensor cover. The oblong shiny bit mounted on the ceiling between the pano and pano switch. I will have to contact the dealer to have this sorted.

This is the only slight annoyance I have found with the vehicle. 9/10 for me.

Thanks Piglauncher! I too had the conviction my rattle was above the passenger sun visor.......yet today, a squeeze of the sensor cover silenced it straight away.....brilliant! It still needs sorting by the dealer but I am relieved that no-one will be removing my headlining and pano roof blind, airbag, etc .....phew! This too is my only snag so far. My only disappointment has been very poor initial economy......first tankful gave 26mpg! but now up to 34 and rising!

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
02-10-2012 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(29-09-2012 08:06pm)Jibers Wrote:  Exactly the same here. Did you find a cure?Sad

Creaking seems too have subsided and have been fortunate to be in a position to think no more of it.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
02-10-2012 10:22pm
PhilSkill

(07-07-2012 11:10pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hmmm I have a very intermittent "Passenger Door" rattle which I thought was around the passenger seat belt area, will have to checkout that bit in case that's it. Thanks for info.

It was bad the last few journeys, so much so, I put the rear seats down, took out the parcel shelf re-seated the tail gate all to no effect, then I opened passenger door window and closed it and that seems to have got it temporarily, prefer to try and find it before first service so it can be looked at!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-10-2012 11:11pm
ChuckieB

(02-10-2012 10:22pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Creaking seems too have subsided and have been fortunate to be in a position to think no more of it.

Well it came back and it was oh so difficult to demonstrate when I finally worked up the nerve to book it in. We had it shunting backwards and forwards on the forecourt and after much fretting i finally showed it was real...........Well, they enjoyed telling me they thought it was the pen rocking backwards and forwards in the slot in the centre console. I swore I had taken all loose objects out of the car in my fruitless attempts to find it!

Outcome. Rattle has subsided again. Could they have been right? Well the service manager manager and I have agreed that I will reserve judgement and that they can remain smug in the belief that they have fixed it. i am the customer and the customer of course, is always right! Whistle

No pens now stored in that space!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
19-04-2013 09:33pm
Straydox

(07-07-2012 10:12pm)PigLauncher Wrote:  Well after a month of ownership I am still supremely impressed with the car and all the attention it gets. The only slight downside was an intermittent rattle that the wife had not noticed but was getting on my nerves. When driving you would swear it was coming from the passenger side door area. When a passenger as I was tonight it was clearly coming from somewhere in the center of the car. I traced it to what I assume is a sensor cover. The oblong shiny bit mounted on the ceiling between the pano and pano switch. I will have to contact the dealer to have this sorted.

This is the only slight annoyance I have found with the vehicle. 9/10 for me.

There is a known fault that generates a rattle in the front overhead console - there are electronic modules that need wrapping in foam otherwise a buzzy-rattle appears. I had the same issue - as a driver you think it's in the passenger door front and the passenger thinks its on your side.

The fault and it's rectification was identified by Halewood techs working on my car at Guy Salmon Stratford upon Avon, it was documented and photographed (by LR) too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
19-04-2013 10:46pm