Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 Month in and I have located rattle.
PigLauncher

1 Month in and I have located rattle.

Well after a month of ownership I am still supremely impressed with the car and all the attention it gets. The only slight downside was an intermittent rattle that the wife had not noticed but was getting on my nerves. When driving you would swear it was coming from the passenger side door area. When a passenger as I was tonight it was clearly coming from somewhere in the center of the car. I traced it to what I assume is a sensor cover. The oblong shiny bit mounted on the ceiling between the pano and pano switch. I will have to contact the dealer to have this sorted.

This is the only slight annoyance I have found with the vehicle. 9/10 for me.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
07-07-2012 10:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: 1 Month in and I have located rattle.

Hmmm I have a very intermittent "Passenger Door" rattle which I thought was around the passenger seat belt area, will have to checkout that bit in case that's it. Thanks for info.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-07-2012 11:10pm
ChuckieB

(07-07-2012 11:10pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hmmm I have a very intermittent "Passenger Door" rattle which I thought was around the passenger seat belt area, will have to checkout that bit in case that's it. Thanks for info.

............haven't got a rattle as such but have just started to notice a bit of flexing "creak" from around the passenger B pillar when I move forward or go over sleeping policeman. 5 months in.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
08-07-2012 09:10am
Jibers

(08-07-2012 09:10am)ChuckieB Wrote:  ............haven't got a rattle as such but have just started to notice a bit of flexing "creak" from around the passenger B pillar when I move forward or go over sleeping policeman. 5 months in.

Exactly the same here. Did you find a cure?Sad
29-09-2012 08:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That sensor cover you have is the transmitter for the wireless headphones. My intermittent rattle is from the rear offside 3/4, where the door would be it mine were a 5 door.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 08:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-09-2012 08:13pm
Bessiebella

I had a rattle from the passenger seat while the passenger was in it, the seat was right back, he moved the seat 1 notch forward & it stopped.
29-09-2012 08:23pm
olde

I had a squeaky dry-leaf rattle. Depending upon where you were sitting, it seemed to come from different places around the front windscreen.

After repeated trips with Land Rover technicians and their service manager, they figured out that the noise goes away if they drive without the OUTSIDE a-pillar trims installed. Apparently, anchor clips are breaking, causing a rubbing sound that the windscreen spreads out into the cabin.

The sound is most noticeable when the vehicle body-shell is torqued, thus it occurs most when driving fast, or when driving on bumpy roads.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if it this is an epidemic or just my vehicle...

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-09-2012 08:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Olde, one thing to try.................... I lost a used car parking ticket down the front between the windscreen and the dash, it may be some piece of pare such as this has also gone down the front of yours. Get hold of a cylinder style vacuum cleaner or an upright with a detachable hose and run it along the gao between the screen and the dash. Worked for me, I didn't just get out the car park ticket I also found some of the factory bits of paper down there

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-09-2012 09:52pm
J77

Olde, I think I have this fault, the car makes a rustling noise from the passenger A-pillar/windscreen area only noticeable at speed.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-09-2012 11:07pm
MPK

I had a rattle on the passenger side A pillar at high speeds. It turned out to be a loose metallic pin that secured the external A pillar cover (black plastic) to the car. The mechanics did have a hard time identifying the exact issue as they first thought it might have been a loose wire from the side air bags but it took taking one of them for a ride to show the rattle. Good luck in finding and getting it sorted.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2012 11:29pm by MPK.)
29-09-2012 11:28pm